The Fuels Management Committee (FMC) provides national leadership to unite the NWCG member agency wildland fuels management programs under the common purpose of reducing risks of wildfire to communities while improving and maintaining ecosystem health.
- Enable coordinated and effective national interagency wildland fuels management.
- Minimize negative impacts of wildland fire to wildland/urban interface infrastructure.
- Maintain and restore healthy vegetative communities in other wildland areas.
Prescribed Fire Complexity Analysis Webinar
- View the webinar to assist users with filling out the new Prescribed Fire Summary and Final Complexity Worksheet, PMS 424-1.
- Read the NWCG Executive Board Memo 17-006 on the Release of Revised NWCG Documents: Prescribed Fire Complexity Rating System Guide, PMS 424 and Interagency Prescribed Fire Planning and Implementation Procedures Guide, PMS 484.
Looking for the Interagency Prescribed Fire Planning and Implementation Procedures Guide, PMS 484? Click on the Publications link on the left navigation bar.
- M-580, Fire in Ecosystem Management
- RT-300, Prescribed Fire Burn Boss Refresher
- RX-301, Prescribed Fire Implementation
- RX-310, Introduction to Fire Effects
- RX-341, Prescribed Fire Plan Preparation
- RX-510, Advanced Fire Effects
- S-219, Firing Operations
- S-482, Strategic Operational Planning
Position Task Books
- Fire Effects Monitor (FEMO)
- Firing Boss, Single Resource (FIRB)
- Prescribed Fire Burn Boss Type2/Type1 (RXB2/RXB1)
- Prescribed Fire Manager Type2/Type1 (RXM2/RXM1)
- Strategic Operational Planner (SOPL)