The Geospatial Curriculum Management Unit (GCMU) provides leadership and technical expertise to the Geospatial Subcommittee to support Geographic Information System (GIS)-related NWCG training.
- Develop and maintain the S-341, GIS Specialist for Incident Management training course based on the geospatial data standards and the GISS Incident Position Descriptions (IPD).
- Provide input on geospatial data standards.
- Engage with the NWCG Training Program on the training design process.
- Assist with the development of job aids, continuing education, and other position performance support tools.
- Coordinate course delivery with the Geographic Area Training Representatives (GATRs).
- Coordinate with other NWCG subgroups to provide input on training containing geospatial content.