The Ground Ignition Subcommittee (GISC) provides national leadership for all program elements related to ground ignition equipment.
- Develop and maintain standards and specifications for ground ignition equipment.
- Establish, communicate, and implement ground ignition equipment evaluation and approval processes.
- Develop and maintain ground ignition equipment training materials, guides and manuals.
National Fuel Geyser Awareness Campaign website information available at: https://sites.google.com/a/firenet.gov/national-fuel-geysering-awareness-campaign/
Aluminum Fuel Bottle OSHA Supplemental Standards:
Note: Small aluminum fuel bottles (commonly referred to as Sigg bottles)
- OSHA Approval Letter (USFS)
- Sigg Bottle Supplemental Standard (USFS)
- OSHA Approval Letter (DOI)
- Sigg Bottle Supplemental Standard (DOI)
Subcommittee Relevant Equipment Bulletins