The Interagency Airspace Subcommittee (IASC) provides national leadership in airspace coordination issues for the NWCG member agencies. The IASC promotes and enables safe, effective, and standardized flight missions within the National Airspace System (NAS).
- Develop and disseminate materials that contribute to clear and mutual understanding of airspace use and related issues.
- Provide aviation managers and dispatchers with the necessary resources to enhance aircraft coordination within the national airspace.
- Promote safe, consistent, and standardized approaches to address airspace coordination responsibilities in the airspace that overflies the public and private lands protected by the member agencies.
- Identify airspace management and coordination responsibilities among the entities that manage and share the national airspace including the Federal Aviation Administration, military, and participating state and local agencies.
Dedicated to providing information so land management agencies can safely use the National Airspace System
This safety oriented website is dedicated to airspace issues involving USDA-Forest Service and the Bureau of Land Management. Airspace issues are constantly changing as a result of our current national situation. Temporary Flight Restrictions are not only for wildfire or disaster related situations but now encompass homeland security issues and public safety.
Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFR) graphical depictions and TFR NOTAM (Notification to Airmen) text are available from a variety of sources. It is important to be aware of how often the websites are updated as TFRs can (and do) frequently change.
Pilots should always obtain current flight information from the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration). A complete pre-flight briefing should always be obtained before attempting any flight in the National Airspace System (NAS).
- Federal Wildland Fire Temporary Tower Request Form
- Interagency Request for Temporary Flight Restriction
- Aircraft Conflict Initial Report (draft form)
- Reporting an UAS Intrusion Form
- Becoming an Airspace Coordinator
- NWCG UAS Incursion Protocol for Wildland Firefighters Decision Tree (from NWCG Standards for Fire Unmanned Aircraft Systems Operations, PMS 515).
- Temporary Control Tower Guidance
- IA IB 21-01 Reporting TFR Intrusions of Manned and Unmanned Aircraft
- IA IB 21-06 TFR Management and Considerations
This Site provides real time access to current NOTAM information which is derived from the FAA Air Traffic Control Systems Command Center in Warrenton, VA. Current NOTAMs are accessed by selecting the "ARTCC TFR's" button and scrolling to the appropriate ARTCC.
The DINS page incorporates many features to assist the user when retrieving NOTAM requests. Real time NOTAM data is available, and contains all NOTAMs validated by the U.S. NOTAM System (USNS), which includes domestic, international, military and from Flight Data Centers (FDC).
This list is from FAA Headquarters. There is sometimes a 30-45 minutes delay before the TFR shows up on the website (it is posted on DINS in real time.) To see the actual NOTAM text, click on the NOTAM number, then click on the box that states “NOTAM Text.” To see the graphic, click on the depicted graphic or on the box that says “Click for Sectional.” The TFRs may sorted by the bars across the top (Date, Facility, State, Type) or by using the selection boxes above the TFR listings for State, Centers or Type.
Select by State or Center or click on the map to zoom in. Below the map will be a list of the TFRs that are displayed.
An FAA sponsored page that provide General Aviation (GA) Pilots with access to the following information: Flight Safety NOTAMS, Weather, Graphical TFR depictions, Radius Search (NOTAM), Flight path search (NOTAM), WAAS availability and other information pertinent to pilots.
The NOTAM Entry System (NES) allows authorized users with Certificates to enter draft or candidate TFR requests to the FAA ARTCC. This allows the ARTCC to forward the TFR request to the US NOTAM Office (USNOF) for entry into the US NOTAM system (USNS). The system is currently being used to enter FDC, TFR and Center NOTAMS.
Details on the FNS prototype applications can be found here. It includes both the applications provided to support Digital NOTAM origination and distribution.
- BASH - Bird/Wildlife Aircraft Strike Hazard
- DOI Aviation Safety
- Interagency Accident Prevention Bulletin 11-03
- USFS Aviation Safety
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- FAA Safety Program
- Real-time Airport Status - Check for Arrival/Departure Delays.
- Pilot/Controller Glossary
- Air Traffic Publications
- FAA Aeronautical Navigation Products - Charts and related products
- Federal Interagency Committee on Aviation Noise
- National Transportation Safety Board
- Grand Canyon Overflights
- NIFC Flight Planning, NOTAM and TFR Information
- BLM Fire and Aviation Program
- USFS Fire and Aviation Program
- InciWeb Incident Information System
- US Customs and Border Protection Air and Marine Operations Operating Locations
- DOI Office of Aviation Services
- DOI OAS Aviation Safety, Training & Program Evaluation Division
- Transportation Security Administration
- US Army Aeronautical Services Agency - USAASA
- United States Air Force and National Park Service Western Pacific Regional Sourcebook
Agreements and Plans - some useful examples
- Canadian Coordination
- Agency and FAA Temporary Tower Agreement
- Mountain Home AFB MOU
- Hill AFB LOA
- 173 FW and Burns ICC MOU
Publications and Training
- FAA Notices to Airman Publication
- FAA Advisory Circulars (ACs)
- FAA 91-63D - Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFR) and Flight Limitations
- FAA Standards for Airport Markings
- AOPA Online Learning
- FAA Airspace Management Plan (AMP) for Disasters
- Interagency Aviation Training - DOI/USFS
- Fire Traffic Area Animation (swf) - This document is not 508 compliant
- Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities Statewide Aviation
- Arizona Department of Public Safety
- California Department of Transportation Division of Aeronautics
- California Department of Forestry & Fire Protection
- Colorado Department of Transportation Aeronautics Division
- Florida Department of Transportation Aviation and Spaceports Office
- Idaho Transportation Department Division of Aeronautics
- Montana Department of Transportation Aeronautics Division
- Nevada Department of Transportation Aviation
- New Mexico Department of Transportation Aviation Division
- Oregon Department of Aviation
- Texas Department of Transportation Aviation
- Utah Department of Transportation Aeronautics
- Washington State Department of Transportation Aviation Division
- Wyoming Department of Transportation Aeronautics Division
- Automated Flight Following
- Aviation Weather Center
- Fire Enterprise Geospatial Portal (EGP) - Account Required
- MODIS USFS Active Fire Mapping Program
- Near Real-Time Satellite Images
- Sky Vector - Easy to use view SECTIONALS on line
- FAA Digital Charts and Chart Supplements
- AIRNav - This is where to go for airport ownership, identification of Navaids, Etc
- Flightaware - Flight Tracker/Flight Status/Flight Tracking - Live flight tracking maps, flight status, airport delays, private/GA flights and airports
- FAA Airport Status - Live - Real time airport status page
- FAA Special Use Airspace shows schedule status of SUAs and MTRs
- GPS Status & Outage Information
- AP1/B Access
- Fly-Ins and Airshows
- Poster: General Aviation Advisory
- NOTAM Entry System (NES) - login required, information above
Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Information