The Interagency Fire Planning Committee (IFPC) provides national leadership in wildland fire management planning. The IFPC facilitates collaborative fire management planning at local, state, regional, tribal, and national levels to support coordinated and consistent interagency fire management efforts across jurisdictional boundaries.
- Promote integrated fire management planning and communication across NWCG agencies.
- Align planning efforts in support of the National Cohesive Wildland Fire Management Strategy: to restore and maintain resilient landscapes; create fire adapted communities; and respond to wildfires safely and effectively.
- Recognize and communicate individual agency current planning efforts and changes.
- Establish and/or provide input into training and performance support materials such as job aids, training courses and position task books to support agency determined position standards for resource advisors.
- Provide fire planning training content for NWCG courses, as requested, in support of common and agency specific standards and policies.