The Interagency Fire Planning Committee (IFPC) provides national leadership in wildland fire management planning. The IFPC facilitates collaborative fire management planning at local, state, regional, tribal, and national levels to support coordinated interagency fire management efforts across jurisdictional boundaries. Primary objectives include:
- Promote cooperative and coordinated interagency fire management planning efforts.
- Ensure that fire management planning is coordinated with and supports objectives of associated land management planning.
- Promote integrated federal fire management planning and communication across departments and bureaus that reflect current federal fire management policies including the National Cohesive Wildland Fire Management Strategy (Cohesive Strategy).
- Identify impediments to successful accomplishment of fire management plans and work to develop national scale solutions.
- Convey individual agency planning developments and policy changes to assure continued cohesive understanding within the IFPC.
- Develop collaborative training to increase knowledge and capability in fire management planning, resources management planning, compliance, and analysis.