The Invasive Species Subcommittee (ISSC) provides national leadership in the prevention of invasive species transport by wildland fire mobile equipment and related vehicles.
- Develop and disseminate standards, guidelines, best practices, and recommendations to control and prevent the spread of invasive species.
- Integrate new and evolving information from the natural resource management community into the invasive species control effort.
- Evaluate and recommend wildland fire and support vehicle utilization and/or decontamination techniques, equipment, or products to minimize invasive species transport.
Equipment Bulletins That Apply:
- Aquatic Invasives GIS Data Availability Analysis 2014 (PDF)
- Fire Equipment Foot Valve Study Investigating Leakage Potential for Acquatic Invasive Species Transfer 2016
- Beware Hitchhikers in Fire Pants
- Testing Quaternary Ammonium Products (aquatic invasive species decontaminants) for Corrosive Effects to Fire Equipment 2013