The National Interagency Support Cache Motorized Equipment Unit (NISC-MEU) provides national leadership in developing and implementing interagency standards and best practices for NISC motorized equipment maintenance and refurbishment.
- Establish and communicate best practices for maintaining pumps, chainsaws, generators and other motor driven equipment used in NISC system.
- Provide recommendations on enhancing performance, management, standardization and life cycle of NISC motorized equipment to the NFES.
- Provide recommendations/specifications for the acquisition of new NISC motorized equipment.
- Assist in the testing of new products in conjunction with Missoula Technology and Development Center (MTDC) and San Dimas Technology and Development Center (SDTDC) to facilitate optimal longevity and performance of motorized equipment.
- National Interagency Support Cache (NIFC)
- Technology and Development Centers: Source of publications, tech tips, project reports, and other related information in support of state-of-the-art equipment, tools and technology, including ground firefighting tools, personal protective equipment, and aerial delivery systems.
- Refurbishment Guide
- Water Handling Guide
- Mark-3 Pump Mechanic Guides