The National Fire Equipment System Subcommittee (NFESSC) provides national leadership in wildland fire equipment and supply management..
- Identify equipment and supplies that should be maintained to a national standard.
- Assist the user community in identifying additional equipment and supplies to be provided through the national cache system.
- Provide guidance on developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) between National Interagency Support Cache managers, the Technology and Development Centers, Kit and Refurbishment Units, and the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA).
- Manage the additions and deletions of National Fire Equipment System (NFES) items and product deficiency issues.
- Prepare and communicate NFES equipment issues through Cache Memos.
- Recommend to ETC proposed modifications in standards for fire supplies as it pertains to cache items, kits, or accessories that are utilized nationally or by more than one Agency.
Fuel Geyser Awareness
NFES National Interagency Support Caches
The National Interagency Support Cache system is sponsored by the National Fire Equipment System. Information for each cache includes the three-letter designation, location, and contact information. Full membership requires utilization of a common inventory program, adherence to kit and refurbishment standards, and meeting interagency training requirements. View a list of the National Interagency Support Cache system.
NFES Pandemic Support Items
These contagious disease support items have been added to the NISC system. There are variety of products and sizes due to the high demand at a national level. NISCs may supplement due to available inventory.
For specified items, it is important to follow the manufacturer’s directions for proper mixing. Label the container with a piece of tape and magic marker. Work closely and communicate with the servicing cache on transportation and demob procedures to minimize risk. And return empty spray containers at the end of the incident.
For more information, see:
- NMAC Memo 2020-013: Availability of PPE and Pandemic Support Items through the NISC System.
- NMAC Memo 2020-007: COVID-19 Cache Support to Federal Agencies.
- Latest Cache Memos
- All memos available under the correspondence link: https://www.nwcg.gov/committees/national-fire-equipment-system-subcommittee/correspondence