The National Interagency Computer Aided Dispatch Subcommittee (NICADS), comprised of subject matter experts, provides leadership in the standardization of data elements and user best practices for maintenance and development of current and future CAD programs. Primary objectives include:
- Study and maintain current CAD program elements for retention of historical information and reports.
- Identify and refine baseline CAD Business Requirements.
- Provide input to Project Work Statement documents to support business case(s).
- Establish national CAD data standards for the Dispatch Functional Area
- Provide CAD user community representation for each Geographic Area.
- Monitor CAD change requests, prioritize, and recommend program enhancements through proper channels.
- None at this time