The Risk Management Committee (RMC) provides national leadership in wildland firefighter risk management, health and safety. The RMC develops, promotes, and facilitates universal risk management principles that help firefighters and fire managers mitigate or eliminate the conditions that lead to accidents, illnesses, injuries and deaths of firefighters and other incident personnel.
- Develop nationally recognized and accepted standards, processes, and tools for risk management in the wildland fire services.
- Provide all organizational levels a foundation for effective risk management to improve situational awareness and decision making in dynamic high-risk situations.
- Evaluate identified safety issues and provide recommendations to the wildland fire community through established communications processes.
- Support efforts that will lead to increased knowledge and practical applications in the field of wildland fire risk management.
- Hurricane Michael's Wildfire Implications
- Fatigue Mitigation
- Equipment Bulletin 2019-01: Medical Kit Changes for 2019 Field Season
2018 Safety Gram, final
Prior Years Safety Grams
2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008
2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998
1997 | 1996 | 1995 | 1994 | 1993 | 1992 | 1991 | 1990 | 1989 | 1988