The RX-510 Advanced Fire Effects Course Steering Committee (RX510CSC) provides national leadership in management of the RX-510 training course.
- Develop and maintain the RX-510 training course for advanced prescribed fire burn bosses, and cohesively all wildland fire planners and practitioners.
- Provide expertise and exchange information on innovations on high-complex project planning as well as management strategies for growing and maintaining a robust wildland fire management program that includes managing prescribed fires and wildfires to achieve desired fire effects.
- Base course information on continuously emerging science, advanced ecological processes, and trends adopted for practical use for field practitioners.
- Provide decision support skills and tools within the curriculum that advance practitioner’s use of advanced fuels, fire, and vegetation monitoring, adaptive management, cultural considerations, prioritization tools, and landscape interpretation skills.
- Coordinate with the Fuels Management Committee to ensure alignment with other relevant courses, elite course content and provide for a progressive learning experience.
- Coordinate course delivery with the National Advanced Fire Resource Institute.
No Additional Resources At This Time