The S-491 Intermediate National Fire Danger Rating System (NFDRS) Course Steering Committee (S491SC) provides national leadership in management of the S-491 training course.
- Develop and maintain the S-491 training course based on the national fire danger rating system standards, and NFDRS-related Incident Position Description (IPD) elements in dispatch, FBAN, and LTAN positions.
- Provide input on national fire danger rating system standards.
- Engage with the NWCG Training Program on the training design process.
- Assist with the development of job aids and other position performance support tools.
- Coordinate course delivery with the Geographic Area Training Representatives (GATRs).