The S-495 Geospatial Fire Analysis, Interpretation and Application Course Steering Committee (S495CSC) provides national leadership in management of the S-495 training course.
- Develop and maintain the S-495 training course based on the geospatial fire analysis, interpretation and applications standards, current wildland fire management direction, and best available science.
- Provide input on geospatial fire analysis, interpretation and application standards.
- Engage with the NWCG Training Program on the training design process.
- Assist with the development of job aids and other position performance support tools.
- Coordinate course delivery with the National Advanced Fire Resource Institute.