The Smoke Managers Subcommittee (SMSC) provides relevant technical, administrative, and organizational information and feedback for operational smoke managers, forecasters and modelers.
- Identify criteria for and assist with the development of the skills necessary for successful decision-making within the context of smoke managers for wildland fires.
- Develop communication protocols for both wildfires and prescribed fires.
- Develop consistent recommendations for wildland fire management which account for the air quality impacts of planned and unplanned ignitions.
- Develop, publish, and maintain relevant products, handbooks and guides.
- Develop webinars, briefing papers, presentations, etc., to distribute the information.
- See a full list at https://www.frames.gov/smoke/nwcg-smoc/webinars
FRAMES - Fire Research and Management Exchange System - FRAMES strives to provide a convenient, systematic exchange of information and technology within the wildland fire research and management community.
- Emissions and Smoke Portal on FRAMES
- Air Quality Library - The Air Quality Library provides additional resources to further your knowledge of air quality.
- Technical Topics and Research Highlights
- Explore FRAMES by Region
Published Journal Articles Related to Fire
- Positive coupling between growth and reproduction in young post-fire Aleppo pines depends on climate and site conditions
- Global burned area mapping from ENVISAT-MERIS and MODIS active fire data
News and Events