The Smokejumper Aircraft Screening and Evaluation Subcommittee (SASES) evaluates smokejumper and paracargo aircraft and related accessories for safety, effectiveness, and efficiency in smokejumper and paracargo operations. The SASES does not conduct aircraft inspection and carding.
- Evaluate new aircraft proposed for smokejumper and/or paracargo operations.
- Evaluate currently approved aircraft as needed.
- Provide recommendations and guidance to the NIAC relative to these evaluations.
- Maintain a master list of aircraft approved for smokejumper and paracargo operations.
- SASES Approved Smokejumper Aircraft 2021
- CN235FS Correspondence
- CN-235-300 Responses
- CN-235 Report
- Evaluation Pilatus
- Smokejumper Aircraft Evaluation Plan
Smokejumper Aircraft Accessory Drawings STCs
- CASA 212
- Cessna 206
- Cessna 208
- Dornier 228
- General Information
- Twin Otter
- Universal Accessories
- BLM Fire and Aviation: https://www.blm.gov/programs/fire-and-aviation/aviation
- Forest Service Fire and Aviation: https://www.fs.usda.gov/managing-land/fire/aviation