The Technical Smoke Topics Subcommittee (TSTS) provides a forum to promote open dialogue among federal, tribal, state and local agencies, non-governmental organizations, academia, and other private partners, to advance practices and understanding of current and emerging technical subjects surrounding air quality, wildland fire and smoke topics.
- Create working groups to advance emerging technical issues on wildland fire and smoke science.
- Assess and advance technical products to build wildland fire management field capabilities to address the air quality impacts of planned and unplanned fires.
- Provide technical analysis of rules, policies, and documents that affect wildland fire operations.
- Develop, publish, and maintain relevant products.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of smoke management resources and tools.
- Develop webinars, briefing papers, presentations, etc., to distribute the information.