The Incident Planning Subcommittee (IPS) provides national leadership in the development of wildland fire standards in the incident planning functional area.
- Establish and regularly update wildland fire incident position standards related to incident planning. This includes incident position descriptions and position requirements for training, experience, physical fitness, and position currency.
- Establish and regularly update training and performance support materials such as job aids, training courses, and position task books for incident planning.
- Establish and maintain interagency wildland fire standards for management of incident records.
Tools for IMT files were updated in July 2019; Records Retention Kits (002990) will be updated as they are rebuilt. Please update personal kits with the current documents.
- Incident Records Schedule (pdf)
- Incident Records Retention Guidance (pdf)
- Guidance for Managing Legacy Records (pdf)
Tools for IMTs
- IMT Instructions for Managing Incident Records (pdf)
- Master Documentation Index (docx)
- IMT Box Indexes - all (docx)
- Graphic Examples for Organizing Incident Records (pdf)
- IMT Labels (docx)
- Records Retention Kit Supply Ordering Guide (docx)
Tools for Host Units
- Shipping Permanent Records & Shipping Temporary Records (web page)
- Box Inventory Lists (docx)
- Destruct Date Calendar (web page)