The Incident Planning Subcommittee (IPS) provides national leadership in the development of wildland fire standards in the incident planning functional area.
- Establish and regularly update incident position information related to wildland fire incident planning. This includes position standards, qualifications requirements, and performance support materials such as job aids, training courses, and position task books. Provide position input to other committees as necessary.
- Establish and maintain interagency wildland fire standards for management of incident records.
Tools for IMT files were updated in July 2019; Records Retention Kits (002990) will be updated as they are rebuilt. Please update personal kits with the current documents.
- Incident Records Schedule (pdf)
- Incident Records Retention Guidance (pdf)
- Guidance for Managing Legacy Records (pdf)
Tools for IMTs
- IMT Instructions for Managing Incident Records (pdf)
- Master Documentation Index (docx)
- IMT Box Indexes - all (docx)
- Graphic Examples for Organizing Incident Records (pdf)
- IMT Labels (docx)
- Records Retention Kit Supply Ordering Guide (docx)
Tools for Host Units
- Shipping Permanent Records & Shipping Temporary Records (web page)
- Box Inventory Lists (docx)
- Destruct Date Calendar (web page)