The Incident Planning Subcommittee (IPS) provides national leadership in the development of wildland fire standards in the incident planning functional area.
- Establish and regularly update wildland fire incident position standards related to incident planning. This includes incident position descriptions and position requirements for training, experience, physical fitness, and position currency.
- Establish and regularly update training and performance support materials such as job aids, training courses, and position task books for incident planning.
- Establish and maintain interagency wildland fire standards for management of incident records.
- Contribute to the standardization of information technology systems (such as FireNet, IROC, etc.) to collect and distribute data, processes, forms, and other operational elements.
Records Retention Kits (002990) will be updated as they are rebuilt. Please update personal kits with the current documents.
- US Forest Service Wildland Fire Incident Management Records Schedule
- Incident Records Retention Guidance (pdf)
- Guidance for Managing Legacy Records (pdf)
Tools for IMTs
- IMT Instructions for Managing Incident Records (pdf)
- Master Documentation Index (docx)
- IMT Box Indexes - all (docx)
- Graphic Examples for Organizing Incident Records (pdf)
- IMT Labels (docx)
- Records Retention Kit Supply Ordering Guide (docx)
Electronic Records (eDoc Box)
Tools for Host Units
- Shipping Permanent Records & Shipping Temporary Records (web page)
- Box Inventory Lists (docx)
- Destruct Date Calendar (web page)