IS-700, NIMS: An Introduction removed from required training.
Public Information Officer
PIO1 position endorsement approved 01/19/2022
Remove: ICS-100, Introduction to ICS and ICS-200, ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
Required Experience: Add Satisfactory performance as a Public Information Officer, Technician (PIOT)
PIOF Maintains Currency for These Positions: Add Public Information Officer Type 2 (PIOT)
Other Training Which Supports Development of Knowledge and Skills:
- IS 42 (Social Media in Emergency Management)
- IS-29 (Public Information Officer Awareness)
- S-203, Introduction to Incident Information (if not taken in lieu of L-952)
- E/L952, All Hazards Position Specific Public Information Officer (if not taken in lieu of S-203)
- L-280, Followership to Leadership
- L-380, Fireline Leadership, and/or L-381, Incident Leadership
Remove: S-110, Basic Wildland Fire Orientation
The title of Information Officer Type 3 (IOF3) has been changed to Public Information Officer (PIOF). This position is entry level, is not a prerequisite for higher qualifications, and is not tied to the complexity of an incident.