RT-130, Wildland Fire Safety Training Annual Refresher (WFSTAR)
Core Component(s): Other Hazards & Safety Issues
Estimated Delivery Time: 30 minutes; Video Length: 9:29
Compare how work is designed from a management perspective to how work is actually performed by firefighters on the ground using individual experiences.
Provide differing points of view during decision-making processes and explore the reasons for differing points of view.
- Review the module and video
Facilitating the Discussion
- Watch the video
- Facilitate a discussion using the discussion questions.
- Describe an incident where your perceptions of events were different from your fellow co-workers.
- What are some reasons you may be reluctant to provide information to a supervisor following an incident that raised some concerns?
- What are some examples of “the gap” that you have seen at your unit or while working on or in support of fires?
- What are some “vague” or “not well-defined” words or phrases that we use as firefighters or in support of fire?
WFSTAR guides are currently being updated and will be added to each module page as they are completed. In the interim, please use the following guide for this module. This guide is not completely Section 508 compliant. If you need an accessible version, please contact Travis Touchette at email@example.com.
This video is also available as a download. (Size 29 MB)
Note: For Chrome and Firefox, right click the word download and select Save Link As; For IE, right click and select Save Target As.