State Member Travel Guidance
Travel Reimbursement for NWCG State Member Representatives
Travel costs (airfare, lodging, and per diem) for NWCG committee/subgroup meetings or Training Program workshops may be reimbursed by funds administered by the NASF through a grant from the U.S. Forest Service (USFS). This may occur only if the attendee is serving as the NASF representative to the NWCG committee/subgroup and funding is available.
NASF Travelers must have an approved Request for Travel Authorization on file prior to making travel reservations. (see reimbursement process below).
NWCG state member salary and non-per diem incidental costs shall be borne by their respective agencies.
- State representatives must be NWCG committee/subgroup/course revision team member and must be listed on the group roster.
- If a state representative is a NEW traveler, he/she must fill out the NWCG Traveler Information Form.
- Fill out the NWCG State Traveler Authorization Form.
- The final authorization will be emailed back to the traveler (cc'ing committee and subgroup chairs and NWCG coordinator) by the NWCG Executive Secretary. After receiving this authorization, traveler can proceed with travel arrangements.
- All NWCG travelers will be reimbursed at the federal per diem rate. These rates can be located at: https://www.gsa.gov/portal/category/100120