State Travel Guidance
Travel Reimbursement for NWCG State Member Representatives
Travel costs (airfare, lodging, and per diem) for NWCG committee meetings or Training Program workshops may be reimbursed by funds administered by the NASF through a grant from the U.S. Forest Service (USFS). This may occur only if the attendee is serving as the NWCG committee/subgroup representative and funding is available.
NASF Travelers must have an approved Request for Travel Authorization on file prior to making travel reservations. (see reimbursement process below).
NWCG state member salary and non-per diem incidental costs shall be borne by their respective agencies.
- State representatives must be NWCG committee/subgroup/course revision team member and must be listed on the group roster.
- If a state representative is a NEW traveler, he/she must fill out the NWCG Traveler Information Form.
- Fill out the NWCG State Traveler Authorization Form.
- Email the form to the chair of the committee/subgroup or training program leader you will be traveling for. They will approve via signature.
- If traveling for a subgroup, the chair will route signed form to parent committee chair for signature.
- Route the signed form to appropriate NWCG Branch Coordinator or Training Program Manager for signature.
- The signed form will then be routed to NWCG Executive Secretary and emailed back to traveler.
- If no response is received from committee chair (#3 above) within 2-3 days, email the request form to the NWCG Executive Secretary for assistance. This should occur only if the committee chair is unavailable due to fire season or other extenuating circumstances.
- All NWCG travelers will be reimbursed at the federal per diem rate. These rates can be located at: https://www.gsa.gov/portal/category/100120