Comp/Claims Unit Leader, COMP
- Coordinates with incident agency and local law enforcement regarding incident agency investigations.
- Coordinates with incident agency regarding investigation teams to document claims and accidents.
- Responsible for overall management and direction of all compensation for injury specialist and claims specialist assigned to the incident.
- Obtains and applies local administrative guidelines pertaining to APMC, medical facilities, law enforcement contacts, and compensation procedures.
- Manages and supervises compensation/claims unit.
- Coordinates with personnel to ensure completion of injury/illness claims documents are in adherence to established procedures (resolve injury/illness/claims problems/questions with incident personnel).
- Coordinates injury/illness reporting and treatment authorizations.
- Coordinates with agency for APMC payments.
- Interact and coordinate with medical unit leader and safety officer.
- Interacts and coordinates with medical providers to obtain medical treatment, completion of paperwork and facilitate payment.
- Reports to supervisor injury/illness/claims trends.
- Provides copies of injury records to time unit, provide contractor deduction information and contractor claim information to procurement unit.
- Ensures that all compensation for injury and claims logs and forms are up to date and routed to the proper agency for processing.
- Coordinates with appropriate agency(s) on hospitalized personnel.
- Documents follow-up action needed for incident agency.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements
- Satisfactory performance as a INJR and CLMS
- Satisfactory position performance as a COMP
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: