Expanded Dispatch Coordinator, CORD
Coordination & Support
- Provides leadership and coordination in developing and implementing the expanded dispatch operation. Plans work objectives on a daily or project basis and makes adjustments to meet priorities. Adjusts shift lengths, staffing levels and work assignments based on changes to workload.
- Manages incident and administrative intelligence (eg. Fuels, weather, resource status, and reporting) to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of expanded dispatch operations.
- Coordinates and ensures that communication channels (telephones, email, radios and frequencies) with the incident and Geographic Area Coordination Center (GACC) are available, operable and afford a safe environment for incident personnel.
- Provides technical advice and staff support to Multi-Agency Coordination Group (MAC), Incident Management Team (IMT), and host agency as requested.
- Interacts successfully with Incident Management Teams (IMTs), Agency Administrators, Incident Business Advisors, Agency Financial/Administrative Officers, Agency Dispatch Managers, buying teams and contractors.
- Provides supervision for the Expanded Dispatch Supervisory Dispatcher (EDSP).
- Is a primary contact and has key responsibilities within various emergency plans (evacuation, aviation accidents, sever injuries, and fatalities, etc.).
- Appropriately describes/interprets contracts, agreements, MOUs, and plans.
- Conducts operations with policy/legal constraints.
- Monitors performance of incident support organization and dispatch/coordination systems (timeframes on orders, adherence to dispatch principles, cost effective actions).
- Manages external impacts (political/social/economic/sensitive issues, technologies implemented).
- Defines intelligence requirements (interface with public affairs, briefings, development and display).
- Advises agency and/or MAC (recognize and provide alternatives, provides data for priority setting, implement management direction, gathers and analyze data).
- Coordinates safe, effective and orderly demobilization of resources.
- Participates in and provides information for briefings and incident reviews.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements
- Satisfactory performance as an EDSP, and
- Satisfactory position performance as a CORD.
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: