Documentation Unit Leader, DOCL
- Establishes and organizes incident files in approved format.
- Provides duplication and collation services.
- Coordinates and orders essential equipment for the unit and coordinates maintenance and release of equipment.
- Provides Incident Action Plan preparation.
- Produces final documentation package and assures host agency receives package.
- Obtains and assembles information and materials needed for documentation unit leader kit.
- Establishes and maintains positive interpersonal and interagency working relationships.
- Establish/maintain checklist of all functions to assure timely input of documentation for final package.
- Obtains briefing from Planning Section Chief.
- Organizes and supervises unit.
- Assists other units in the planning section to meet priorities and timeframes.
- Records minutes at meetings for inclusion in final package.
- Maintains Unit Log, ICS Form 214.
- Assures CTSP receives IAP components electronically.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements
- Knowledge of commonly used procedures that requires some training.
- There is a list of guidelines; incumbent chooses most appropriate.
- Tasks involve related steps requiring incumbent to recognize different steps.
- Interpersonal skill level to communicate, verbally and in writing, with members of the planning section and other incident section chiefs.
- S-110, Basic Fire Suppression Orientation.
- I-200, Basic ICS.
- J-342, Documentation Unit Leader.
- Satisfactory performance as a DOCL.
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: