Expanded Dispatch Support Dispatcher, EDSD
Coordination & Support
- Requires knowledge of the various procedures for obtaining resources in a timely fashion in accordance with the needs of the incident.
- Independently plans and carries out work, handling problems in accordance with instructions, policies, previous training and accepted practices.
- Knowledge of the capabilities and limitations for a variety of fire suppression resources to determine the availability of a resource to meet the specific mission requested by the incident.
- Considers safe and cost effective results when mobilizing/demobilizing resources.
- Uses reference guides to validate resource capabilities/limitations/use regulations.
- Summarizes resource information for intelligence reports.
- Utilizes established methods and ordering channels (mob guides, contracts, dispatch operation guide, NFES catalog, etc.).
- Utilizes existing agreements/contracts for obtaining resources.
- Communicates with internal/external entities.
- Reviews resource order form for completeness/accuracy/follow-up.
- Requests commercial and non-commercial flights for personnel/cargo and flight follows.
- Effectively utilizes resource tracking and status systems.
- Provides supervision to dispatch recorders.
- Prioritizes work and makes decisions for functional area.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements
- Satisfactory performance as a dispatch recorder.
- Satisfactory position performance as a support dispatcher.
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: