Expanded Dispatch Supervisory Dispatcher, EDSP
Coordination & Support
- Provides leadership and coordination in developing and implementing the expanded dispatch operation. Plans work objectives on a daily or project basis and makes adjustments to meet priorities. Adjusts shift lengths, staffing levels and work assignments based on changes to workload.
- Works closely with Incident Management Team (IMT) establishing ordering positions/processes/demobilization.
- Monitors workload of expanded organization making adjustments as needed.
- Establishes work schedules of expanded organization.
- Coordinates with local agency dispatch to maximize opportunities for training assignments.
- Ensures adequate facilities are available for expanded organization.
- Provides guidance and supervision to all functional areas in expanded organization.
- Recognizes priorities and directs the processing of resource orders.
- Identifies and evaluates stressful situations or problem areas and makes adjustments to correct the situation.
- Ensures compliance with established dispatch protocols.
- Provides training for subordinates as necessary.
- Schedules and conducts briefings with Support Dispatchers and Supervisory Dispatcher to ensure complete information exchange.
- Ensures coordination between functional areas within the expanded dispatch organization.
- Reviews and signs time keeping documents.
- Ensures compliance with established protocols.
- Recognizes and directs priority of processing resource orders.
- Initiates off-site emergency procedures according to emergency plans/guides (search and rescue, hazardous materials, overdue aircraft, medevac, etc.).
- Establish relationships and exchange of information between expanded organization and other support organizations, Geographic Area Coordination Center (GACC).
- Directs the processing of intelligence information (ICS 209).
- Ensures reference guides/materials are available for section.
- Coordinates demobilization of resources with IMT.
- Provides for the disposition of all incident records/files.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements
- Interagency Aviation Management and Safety.
- Satisfactory performance as a support dispatcher in at least four function areas (aircraft, crews, overhead, equipment, supplies, or intelligence).
- Satisfactory position performance as an EDSP.
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: