Equipment Manager, EQPM
- Provides safety training for subordinate personnel who are typically not experienced in fire activities. Includes Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), fire shelter use, etc.
- Instructs drivers on safety procedures, road conditions, both those for normal conditions and those involved in typical fire conditions.
- Ensures requirements for hazardous materials handling are addressed and complied with.
- Schedules transportation to maximize use of available vehicles and equipment resources.
- Obtains a briefing from the supervisor, Ground Support Unit Leader.
- Provides for the safety and welfare of personnel assigned to the incident.
- Establishes and maintains positive internal and external interpersonal working relationships.
- Schedules transportation of resources and supplies.
- Dispatchs vehicles and equipment according to IAP.
- Maintains support unit inventory (ICS 218).
- Ensures all equipment time reports are accurate and daily turned in to the EQTR.
- Establishes areas for fuel, service, maintenance, and repair for vehicles and other equipment.
- Completes pre and post use inspection of all equipment.
- Designs and implements a transportation plan.
- Completes paperwork (shift tickets, time reports, fuel tickets, work orders, etc.) in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provides for road maintenance.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements
- Good understanding of capabilities and limitations of different types of vehicles and equipment on different terrain.
- Understanding of road maintenance.
- Basic mechanical understanding of most types of vehicles and heavy equipment.
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: