Facilities Unit Leader, FACL
- Serves as Food Unit Leader in none available.
- Serves as Contracting Officer’s Technical Representative if none available.
- Coordinates with finance/administration section to ensure that the ownership of the land on which any camp is based has been determined and agreements finalized, including pre and post inspections.
- Inspects Shower Units to ensure compliance with contract.
- Arranges for agency property and services as specified in contract.
- Reviews shower unit layout plans with contractor to determine needed changes.
- Ensures applicable use rate methodology is established upon arrival of shower unit.
- Coordinates with contractor to establish hours of operation.
- Reviews and approves invoices and distribute copies to appropriate personnel.
- Obtains a briefing from supervisor, Logistics Section Chief.
- Provides for the safety and welfare of assigned personnel to the incident.
- Establishes and maintains positive internal and external interpersonal working relationships.
- Maintains unit log.
- Participates at logistics planning meetings.
- Supervises the activities of BCMG and SECM.
- Upon arrival, determines immediate needs and actions necessary for incident facilities and set up.
- Communicates with BCMG(s), camp crew(s), security managers and other unit leaders and section chiefs to determine needs.
- Organizes and provides supervision for the unit.
- Coordinates layout and set up of incident facilities.
- Ensures paperwork (shift tickets, time reports, and unit logs) are complete, accurate and submitted in a timely manner.
- Provides operation and maintenance of incident facilities and services.
- Considers mobilization and demobilization needs throughout the incident and communicate to Logistics Section Chief.
- Serves as contract representative for the national mobile shower contracts.
- Demobilizes all incident facilities, services and unit personnel.
- Completes any required performance evaluations of subordinates.
- Rehabs all (spike and base) camp site(s) to standards set by agency administrator.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements
- Interpersonal skill level to communicate with different contractors.
Basic knowledge in electricity, small engine maintenance, and carpentry.
Qualified as BCMG.
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: