Finance/Administration Section Chief Type 3, FSC3
- Establishes and maintains positive internal and external interpersonal working relationships.
- Provides for the safety and welfare of assigned personnel.
- Gathers information necessary to assess incident assignment and determines immediate needs and actions.
- Attends Agency Administrator or outgoing IC briefing. Obtains available incident information and incident agency guidelines and policies.
- Evaluates, and shares with Incident Management Team (IMT) members, pertinent information for the section which may affect incident management team.
- Supervises or performs duties of the section.
- Ensures reports and forms are complete, accurate and timely.
- Reviews contracts, memoranda of understanding and cooperative agreements to ascertain their impact and application.
- Participates in preparation and review of Incident Action Plan (IAP).
- Provides financial summary information on current incident operations.
- Participates in the operational period briefing, emphasizing the needs of the finance/administration section.
- Interacts and coordinates with all command and general staff. Receives and provides current information.
- Updates IC on current accomplishments and/or problems.
- Maintains Unit Log, ICS 214.
- Considers demobilization needs throughout the incident.
- Assists in development and approval of Incident Demobilization Plan.
- Ensures that performance ratings are completed as required by the incident or agency policy.
- Transitions with incident agency and/or other incident management team to determine that final finance package is complete/accurate and presented with follow-up items.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements
- Interpersonal skill level to communicate, verbally or in writing, with local, and state or the private sector.
- ICS-400, Advanced ICS.
- Recommend e-ISuite knowledge.
- Satisfactory performance as TIME or COST or ICT3.
- Completion and Certification of PTB as a Finance Section Chief Type 3 (FSC3) (All Hazard).
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: