Logistics Section Chief Type 2, LSC2
- Provides for the safety and welfare of assigned personnel to the incident.
- Establishes and maintain positive internal and external interpersonal working relationships.
- Gathers information necessary to assess incident assignment and determine immediate needs and actions.
- Attends agency administrator or outgoing IC briefing. Obtains available incident information and incident agency guidelines and policies.
- Collects information from outgoing Finance/Administration Section Chief, outgoing IC or other personnel responsible for incident prior to arrival.
- Evaluates and share with IMT members, pertinent information for the section which may affect IMT at command and general staff meetings.
- Develops and implements a section operating plan.
- Determines section capabilities and limitations.
- Participates in preparation and review of IAP.
- Reviews contracts and agreements to make sure all unit leaders understand them and ascertain their impact on the section.
- Conducts section meeting with unit leaders and other necessary personnel.
- Provides financial summary information on current incident operations.
- Participates in the operational period briefing, emphasizing the needs of the section and noting any changes from the written plan.
- Supervises the section.
- Acts as COR for national (mobile shower and mobile food units) and local contracts.
- Interacts and coordinates with all command and general staff. Receives and provides current information.
- Updates IC on current accomplishments and/or problems.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements
- Interpersonal skill level to communicate, verbally or in writing, with local, state and national politicians or the private sector.
- Dealing with Multiple Agency Coordinating Centers, Area Command, high resource value and cost and urban interface.
- S-420, Command and General Staff.
- Qualified as FACL AND either GSUL or SPUL.
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: