Radio Operator, RADO
- Must have an understanding and familiarity with the terminology used in fire suppression. This should include, but not be limited to familiarity with the IAP, cache/supply items, resource definitions by kind and type, ICS organizational structure, jobs and positions, etc.
- Must be able to quickly determine the need to contact a supervisor for assistance.
- Obtains a briefing from the supervisor, Incident Communication Center Manager or COML.
- Provides for the safety and welfare of assigned incident personnel.
- Establishes and maintains positive internal and external interpersonal working relationships.
- Obtains work materials from supply.
- Effectively transfers information verbally or in writing on general message form.
- Understands procedures for use of radios, phones, fax and PA system.
- Completes paperwork (radio logs, radio check-out logs, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Responds with appropriate communication to emergency and routine requests on the radio.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements
- Good understanding of radio protocol.
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: