The Fire Prevention Education Team Subcommittee (FPETSC) provides national leadership in all areas of wildland Fire Prevention Education Team (FPET) management.
- Establish and regularly update wildland fire incident position standards for FPET positions. This includes incident position description and position requirements for training, experience, physical fitness, and position currency.
- Establish and regularly update training and performance support materials such as job aids, training courses, and position task books for FPET positions.
- Develop FPET best practices that ensure timely, accurate and reliable information.
- Coordinate with pertinent stakeholders and cooperators to provide all-inclusive messaging, information, assistance and subject matter expertise in fire prevention education team management.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of FPET resources and tools.
Fire Prevention Education Team Digital Library
This digital library is a database of wildland fire prevention and education materials that have been developed by Fire Prevention Education Teams (FPET) and wildland fire prevention professionals. Each item has been reviewed for appropriate content and is approved for use. The files that are in a searchable database are available for use by anyone. The database includes different types of file formats depending on the use and presentation of the final product, e.g. slide show; printable item or sign; other handout; etc. Go the FPET Digital Library at https://www.nwcg.gov/fpetdl/
Fire Prevention Education Team Brochure
Free brochures are available for sharing information about FPETs with Fire Management Officers, fire directors, potential host agencies, and others.
Email your shipping address and requested order in quantities of 100 to firstname.lastname@example.org (note that they cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes).