The Fire Prevention Education Team Subcommittee (FPETSC) provides national leadership in all areas of wildland Fire Prevention Education Team (FPET) management.
- Establish and regularly update wildland fire incident position standards for FPET positions. This includes incident position description and position requirements for training, experience, physical fitness, and position currency.
- Establish and regularly update training and performance support materials such as job aids, training courses, and position task books for FPET positions.
- Develop FPET best practices that ensure timely, accurate and reliable information.
- Coordinate with pertinent stakeholders and cooperators to provide all-inclusive messaging, information, assistance and subject matter expertise in fire prevention education team management.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of FPET resources and tools.