The Interagency Aerial Supervision Subcommittee (IASS) provides leadership and governance for all areas of wildland fire aerial supervision. The IASS identifies and develops opportunities to enhance safety, effectiveness, and efficiency of interagency wildland fire aerial supervision operations, procedures, programs, and resource coordination.
- Provide interagency guidance for aerial supervision related activities for member agencies.
- Develop and disseminate standards and information to promote safe, effective, and efficient interagency aviation operations.
- Evaluate interagency aerial supervision management and operations to identify problems and provide recommended solutions.
- Establish and regularly update wildland fire incident position standards for Air Tactical Group Supervisor (ATGS) and Helicopter Coordinator (HLCO). This includes Incident Position Description (IPD) and position requirements for training, experience, physical fitness, and position currency.
- Establish and regularly update training and performance support materials such as job aids, training courses, and the NWCG Task Book for the Positions of Helicopter Coordinator (HLCO) and Air Tactical Group Supervisor (ATGS), PMS 311-18.
- Maintain the NWCG Standards for Aerial Supervision, PMS 505.
IASS Organizational Chart
- NIAC Memo 22-03: Aerial Supervision Procedures and Protocols to the Annual Wildland Fire Safety Refresher, RT-130
- NIAC Memo 22-04: Aerial Supervision Training Standardization
No Additional Resources At This Time