The Interagency Aerial Supervision Subcommittee (IASS) provides national leadership in all areas of wildland fire aerial supervision. The IASS identifies and develops opportunities to enhance safety, effectiveness and efficiency in wildland fire aerial supervision operations, procedures, programs, and coordination. Primary objectives include:
- Provide interagency guidance for aerial supervision related activities to wildland fire aviation agencies.
- Develop and disseminate standards and information that promote safe, effective, and efficient interagency aerial supervision operations.
- Develop, update, and recommend interagency aerial supervision operational guides, training programs, forms and job aids.
- Evaluate interagency aerial supervision operations and management issues to determine whether or where problems exist.
- Support aerial supervision training course development, implementation, evaluation, and revision.