The Interagency Airtanker Base Subcommittee (IABS) provides national leadership in all areas of interagency airtanker base operations. The IABS develops and disseminates operational standards that promote safe, secure, effective, efficient airtanker base operations. These standards include facility and equipment requirements, operational and administrative procedures, and personnel qualifications and training.
- Provide technical assistance regarding airtanker base operations.
- Promote cooperation and standardization in interagency airtanker base operations.
- Identify airtanker base issues, develop solutions, and recommend corrective actions to the National Interagency Aviation Committee (NIAC).
- Support standardized training for airtanker base operations and provide leadership in training course development, implementation, evaluation, and revision.
- Ensure that airtanker base standards are consistent with member agency procedures, practices, and expectations.
- Serve as a central source of information, guidance, and support for national and geographic area airtanker base decisions and operations.
- Provide contracting technical assistance and support as requested.
Save the Date
National Interagency Airtanker Base Manager Workshop will be held February 2-4, 2021. The workshop will be virtual.
Airtanker Frequently Asked Questions
Read our airtanker frequently asked questions
Comments for both of these publications:
Submit to your agency representative on IABDU
Submit to your agency representative on SABOU