The Mental Health Subcommittee (MHSC) provides national leadership in wildland firefighter mental health and wellness. The MHSC promotes and facilitates a national interagency approach to proactively identifying and addressing firefighter mental health.
- Develop NWCG guidance that enables firefighters and fire managers to recognize hazards to mental health and wellness and take effective prevention and mitigation actions.
- Standardize processes for collecting and analyzing data on wildland firefighter mental health and wellness.
- Use this data to inform development of NWCG wildland firefighter mental health and wellness guidance.
- Provide a forum for all firefighters and managers to increase their knowledge of wildland firefighter mental health issues and contribute to improvements in this area.
COVID and Mental Health Resources
- Coping During Times of Uncertainty
- COVID and Managing Your Mental Health
- Fear, Isolation, Depression: The Mental Health Fallout of a Worldwide Pandemic
- Coping With Stress
- Mental Health And COVID-19 – Information And Resources
- Protecting your mental health during the coronavirus pandemic
- COVID-19 resources for fire and EMS (FEMA)