The Mental Health Subcommittee (MHSC) provides national leadership in wildland firefighter mental health and wellness. The MHSC promotes and facilitates a national interagency approach to proactively identifying and addressing firefighter mental health.
- Develop NWCG guidance that enables firefighters and fire managers to recognize hazards to mental health and wellness and take effective prevention and mitigation actions.
- Standardize processes for collecting and analyzing data on wildland firefighter mental health and wellness.
- Use this data to inform development of NWCG wildland firefighter mental health and wellness guidance.
- Provide a forum for all firefighters and managers to increase their knowledge of wildland firefighter mental health issues and contribute to improvements in this area.
- Employee Support Resources
- FCC Proposes 988 for Suicide Prevention & Mental Health Hotline
- Winter and Holiday Newsletter 2019-2020
- Filling the Void