On behalf of the Interagency Aerial Supervision Subcommittee (IASS), the National Aerial Supervision Standardization Unit (NASSU) provides national interagency governance in the development and maintenance of academic and on-the-job aerial supervision training standards. Aerial supervision consists of four positions each involving management, personnel, and aircraft. These resources, when combined, support a multi-faceted interagency all hazard response for federal, state, and local wildland firefighting agencies in the protection of communities, infrastructure, and natural resource value from destructive wildfires.
- Recruit working group leadership, assist agencies with course faculty support, course coordinators, and on-the-job training for aerial supervision qualifications.
- Review course content on an annual basis and revise as necessary. Review course evaluations and implement changes when approved by IASS and the National Interagency Aviation Committee (NIAC).
- Provide quality control of working group taskings and assignments.
Working Groups (WG)
- Air Tactical Group Supervisor Working Group (ATGSWG)
- Air Tactical Supervisor Working Group (AITSWG)
- Lead Plane Pilot Working Group (LPILWG)
- Helicopter Coordinator Working Group (HLCOWG)
No Additional Resources At This Time