The Standards for Airtanker Base Operations Unit (SABOU) manages the content of the NWCG Standards for Airtanker Base Operations, PMS 508, which promotes the safe, cost-efficient and effective aviation services in support of agency and interagency airtanker base operations.
- Define and standardize national interagency operating procedures at airtanker bases to ensure safe and efficient operations.
- Support fire policy through interagency coordination.
- Facilitate the exchange of personnel from all wildland fire suppression agencies during periods of high fire activity through standardization.
- Provide a common, interagency approach in the State, Federal, and Tribal Government’s contract related responsibilities.
- Provide common forms, checklists, orientation outlines, and special instructions for both contractor employees (retardant supplier personnel, pilots, mechanics) and government employees at airtanker bases.
- Provide a framework which allows each airtanker base to provide a local base supplement with site specific guidance.
Submit to your agency representative on SABOU
No Additional Resources At This Time