RT-130, Wildland Fire Safety Training Annual Refresher (WFSTAR)
Core Component(s): Local Topics;
Incident Reviews and Lessons Learned
Estimated Delivery Time: 30 minutes; Video Length: 18:34
Evaluate the effectiveness of various fire aviation assets. Understand the benefit of gathering data on aerial firefighting effectiveness.
- Review the video and module tools.
- Consider additional activities and discussion questions pertinent to the location and agency.
Facilitating the Discussion
- Show the video.
- Facilitate a small or large group discussion using the discussion questions.
- How does the data gathered by Aerial Firefighting Use and Effectiveness (AFUE) provide for better fire management decisions?
- Are aerial assets being used effectively?
- What determines an effective aerial drop?
- What aerial resources are commonly used in your area? Could they be utilized in other geographic areas with the same effectiveness?
- Website: USFS Aerial Firefighting Use and Effectiveness (AFUE)
- Document: Aerial Firefighting Use and Effectiveness (AFUE): Preliminary Findings
Additional Video Information
This video is also available as a download. (Size 2 GB)
Download the .srt file (coming) for closed captioning (you may need to right click and Save As). For information on how to add closed captioning to a video, see this how to page.
Note: For Chrome, Firefox, and Edge, right click the word download and select Save Link As; For IE, right click and select Save Target As.