RT-130, Wildland Fire Safety Training Annual Refresher (WFSTAR)
Core Component(s): Current Issues, Other Hazards & Safety Issues
Estimated Delivery Time: 30 minutes; Video Length: 18:34
Evaluate the effectiveness of various fire aviation assets. Understand the benefit of gathering data on aerial firefighting effectiveness.
- Review the video and module tools.
- Consider additional activities and discussion questions pertinent to the location and agency.
Facilitating the Discussion
- Show the video.
- Facilitate a small or large group discussion using the discussion questions.
- How does the data gathered by Aerial Firefighting Use and Effectiveness (AFUE) provide for better fire management decisions?
- Are aerial assets being used effectively?
- What determines an effective aerial drop?
- What aerial resources are commonly used in your area? Could they be utilized in other geographic areas with the same effectiveness?
- Website: USFS Aerial Firefighting Use and Effectiveness (AFUE)
- Document: Aerial Firefighting Use and Effectiveness (AFUE): Preliminary Findings
Additional Video Information
This video is also available as a download. (Size 2 GB)
Note: For Chrome and Firefox, right click the word download and select Save Link As; For IE, right click and select Save Target As.
Download the .srt file for closed captioning (you may need to right click and Save As). For information on how to add closed captioning to a video, see this how to page. - srt file not yet available