RT-130, Wildland Fire Safety Training Annual Refresher (WFSTAR)
Core Component(s): Fire and Aviation Operational Safety
Estimated Delivery Time: 30 minutes; Video Length: 11:22
Familiarize wildland firefighters with the basics of the three-tier dispatch system and how resources are mobilized to incidents.
- Review the video and module tools.
- Consider additional activities and discussion questions pertinent to the location and agency.
Facilitating the Discussion
- Show the video.
- Facilitate a small or large group discussion using the activity and discussion questions.
- How do the three tiers differ?
- What are your local unit processes for ordering resources through your dispatch center?
- What are three factors that could influence resource prioritization?
- What are some examples of stress that can impact dispatchers? How can you help alleviate some of that stress?
- Can you think of a time when you were on an incident and an order was difficult to fill? Why do you think that may have happened?
This video is also available as a download. (Size 150 MB)
Download the .srt file for closed captioning (you may need to right click and Save As). For information on how to add closed captioning to a video, see this how-to page.
Note: For Chrome, Firefox, and Edge, right click the word download and select Save Link As; for Internet Explorer (IE), right click and select Save Target As.