RT-130, Wildland Fire Safety Training Annual Refresher (WFSTAR)
Core Component(s): Incident Reviews and Lessons Learned
Estimated Delivery Time: 30 minutes; Video Length: 1:51
Pick a book from the Professional Reading Program list, read it, discuss it, and debate and think critically about the book’s ideas.
- Review the video and module tools.
- Consider additional activities and discussion questions pertinent to the location and agency.
Facilitating the Discussion
- Show the video.
- Facilitate a small or large group discussion using the discussion questions below.
- After watching the video, share the Professional Reading Program and discuss books from the list that the audience may enjoy.
- Have you read any books on the Professional Reading Program list? Does your module or local unit implement the Professional Reading Program?
- Mobile devices have changed the way we do many things, including how, when, and where we read. How have mobile devices changed your reading habits?
- Has taking books with you when traveling on assignment been made easier, how so?
- Have other entertainment options on mobile devices stolen your attention from reading?
- Are reading lists with discussion guides tools that you use or will use in the future? Why or why not?
- Website: Professional Reading Program
Additional Video Information
This video is also available as a download. (Size 23 MB)
Download the .srt file for closed captioning (you may need to right click and Save As). For information on how to add closed captioning to a video, see this how to page.
Note: For Chrome, Firefox, and Edge, right click the word download and select Save Link As; for Internet Explorer (IE), right click and select Save Target As.