RT-130, Wildland Fire Safety Training Annual Refresher (WFSTAR)
Core Component(s): Local Topics;
Incident Reviews and Lessons Learned
Estimated Delivery Time: 30 minutes; Video Length: 6:24
Examine what causes foot injury on the fireline and review the steps to prevent them from occurring.
- Review the video and module tools.
- Consider additional activities and discussion questions relevant to the location and agency.
Facilitating the Discussion
- Show the video.
- Facilitate a small or large group discussion using the discussion questions.
- What are some foot injuries that you or a coworker have experienced?
- How did the injury get treated?
- Could the injury have been prevented? If so, how?
- What items do you carry for blister protection? What type of socks do you use?
- How do you break in a pair of new boots?
Additional Video Information
This video is also available as a download. (Size 1 GB)
Download the .srt file for closed captioning (you may need to right click and Save As). For information on how to add closed captioning to a video, see this how-to page.
Note: For Chrome, Firefox, and Edge, right click the word download and select Save Link As; for Internet Explorer (IE), right click and select Save Target As.