Wildland Fire Investigator (reference section B.3 for conditions allowing the hiring of this position), INVF
Coordination & Support
- Determines point of origin.
- Determines cause of ignition.
- Collects evidence to include testimony, records, documents, objects, etc.
- Preserves evidence.
- Protects the chain of custody.
- Locates and protects general origin area of fire, post guard if necessary.
- Searches for and protects evidence.
- Identifies witnesses.
- Interviews witnesses and other personnel involved with incident, or those with
haveknowledge that may be useful in the investigation.
- Prepares case reports.
- Provides recommendations.
- Provides documents for court actions, criminal actions, etc.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements - reference section B.3 for conditions allowing the hiring of this position
- S-130 Basic Firefighter
- S-190 Intro to Fire Behavior
- P-151 Fire Origin and Cause Determination
- P-240 Fire Prevention
- Annual certification as FPO or qualified LEO
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: