Logistics Section Chief Type 3, LSC3
- Provides for the safety and welfare of assigned personnel to the incident.
- Establishes and maintains positive internal and external interpersonal working relationships.
- Gathers information necessary to assess incident assignment and determine immediate needs and actions.
- Attends agency administrator or outgoing IC briefing. Obtains available incident information and incident agency guidelines and policies.
- Collects information from outgoing Finance/Administration Section Chief, outgoing IC or other personnel responsible for incident prior to arrival.
- Evaluates and shares with IMT members, pertinent information for the section which may affect IMT at command and general staff meetings.
- Determines section capabilities and limitations.
- Participates in preparation and review of IAP.
- Reviews contracts and agreements to make sure all unit leaders understand them and ascertain their impact on the section.
- Conducts section meeting with unit leaders and other necessary personnel.
- Participates in the operational period briefing, emphasizing the needs of the section and noting any changes from the written plan.
- Supervises or performs the duties of the section.
- Acts as COR for national (mobile shower and mobile food units) and local contracts.
- Interacts and coordinates with all command and general staff. Receive and provide current information.
- Updates IC on current accomplishments and/or problems.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements
- Interpersonal skill level to communicate, verbally or in writing, with local and state politicians, or the private sector.
- ICS-400, Advanced ICS.
- Qualified as FACL or GSUL or SPUL or ICT3.
- Completion and Certification of PTB as a Logistics Section Chief Type 3 (LSC3) (All Hazard).
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: