The Equipment Technology Committee (ETC) provides national leadership in wildland fire equipment, supplies, and chemicals. The ETC enables coordinated interagency management of wildland fire equipment, supplies, and chemicals, including planning, development, acquisition, and utilization. The ETC provides oversight of the National Interagency Support Caches and National Fire Equipment System.
- Establish, maintain and communicate consistent interagency standards and guidelines for equipment, supplies and chemicals for wildland fire suppression.
- Establish processes and procedures for the introduction, utilization, refurbishment, replacement, or disposal of any piece of equipment, supply item, or wildland fire chemical that has an established standard or specification.
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures for ETC business practices which establish consistent, well defined methods of operations and decision making.
- ETC-EB-2017-01: U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission Issues STIHL Chainsaw Recall
- ETC-EB-2016-03: Engine and Water Tender Foot Valve Leakage - Field Test Protocol
- ETC-EB-2016-02: Steps for Safe Chainsaw Fuel Handling
- ETC-EB-2016-01: Phase-Out of Drip Torches That Do Not Comply with US DOT and US OSHA Specifications
Fuel Geyser Awareness
Wildland Firefighter's Helmet Serviceability Guide Flowchart
If you have an idea that you feel will improve wildland fire fighter safety, operating efficiency, and reduce costs, review the Guide for the Submission of Innovative Ideas for Product or Process Improvement and submission form. We'd like to hear from you!
After filling out the forms, send your ideas to: email@example.com