Initial Inspection/Disposal Criteria
- Visual inspection for:
- Inspect seams for rips or tears. Dispose of item if stitching is torn.
- Ensure zippers work properly
- Ensure handles are in good condition
- Ensure velcro and snap buttons are intact
- Ensure clips function properly
- Return to stock if item is clean, free of damage and is in unused condition.
- Refurbish if item passes inspection, cleaning is required or light repairs are economically feasible
- Dispose of item if there is any writing or markings on the bag, or if the item is beyond economical repair.
- Machine wash with cold water and mild detergent and air dry.
DO NOT USE BLEACH TO CLEAN FABRIC.
B. Repair - Refurbishing Procedures
- Repair any tears, holes or areas of excessive abrasion by sewing any tear 0.25 inches.
C. Testing for Performance
- Local cache option for packaging of bags independently.
- Bags are a component of Flight Helmet, NFES #002314 and #002315. Reference Flight Helmet refurbishment standards for direction on packaging Flight Helmet Bags with Helmets.