Air Operations Branch Director, AOBD
- Supervises all air operation activities on the incident.
- Requests declaration/cancellation of restricted air space.
- Operational planning for air operations.
- Prepares and provides Air Ops Summary Worksheet (ICS 220) to air support group and fixed wing bases.
- Determines coordination procedures for use by air organization with ground branches, division, or groups.
- Establishes procedures for emergency reassignment of aircraft.
- Schedules approved flights of non-incident aircraft in restricted air space area.
- Informs air attack supervisor of air traffic situation external to the incident.
- Considers requests for no-tactical use of incident aircraft.
- Resolves conflicts concerning non-incident aircraft.
- Coordinates with Federal Aviation Agency (FAA).
- Reports special incidents/accidents.
- Arranges for accident investigation team when warranted.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements
- S-470, Air Operations Branch Director
- Qualified ASGS
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: