Liaison Officer, LOFR
Incidents that are multi-jurisdictional, or have several agencies involved, may require the establishment of the Liaison Officer position on the Command Staff. The Liaison Officer is the contact for the personnel assigned to the incident by assisting or cooperating agencies. These are personnel other than those on direct tactical assignments or those involved in a Unified Command.
- Be a contact point for Agency Representatives.
- Maintains a list of assisting and cooperating agencies and Agency Representatives.
- Assists in establishing and coordinating interagency contacts.
- Keeps agencies supporting the incident aware of incident status.
- Monitors incident operations to identify current or potential inter organizational problems.
- Participates in planning meetings, providing current resource statues, including limitations and capability of assisting agency resources.
- Resolves issues and problems as delegated by the Incident Commander.
- Maintains Unit Log.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements
- Agency certification