Resource Unit Leader, RESL
- Coordinates with section chiefs and unit leaders to assign specific resources to fill needs identified in the planning meeting.
- Coordinates with section chiefs and unit leaders to place resource orders to reconcile resource deficiencies and needs.
- Requires a specific knowledge of the capabilities of all suppression resources in order to meet the identified resource needs.
- Obtains briefing from Planning section Chief.
- Organizes and supervises subordinates and work area.
- Establishes and maintains positive interpersonal and interagency working relationships.
- Provides for the safety and welfare of assigned personnel.
- Completes all ICS forms and cards as appropriate.
- Organizes check-in locations, brief personnel assigned to check-in function.
- Interacts and coordinates with unit leaders and operations personnel.
- Displays and adjusts resource status information to reflect function, organization, status, and location of all resources on the incident.
- Tracks restrictions/work requirements for each resource.
- Prepares resource availability information.
- Provides resource information in the planning meetings.
- Records operational and logistical information and decisions on ICS Form 215.
- Prepares ICS Forms 203/204/207 for IAP.
- Provides information to SITL on current status of resources for ICS Form 209.
- Submits original forms and documents to DOCL for each operational period.
- Attends operational meetings.
- Adjusts resource availability to reflect demobilization plan.
- Interacts with PSC and other sections on resource unit release priorities.
- Confirms demobilization instructions with supervisor.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements
- S-348, Resources Unit Leader
- Satisfactory performance as SCKN and RESL
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: