Situation Unit Leader, SITL
- Prepares and maintains incident history on maps and narratives.
- Integrate data from various sources into meaningful information required by operations personnel. Source could include infrared data, aerial photographs, GIS, GPS, verbal reports from Field Observers, etc.
- Manage infrared technological services.
- Orders infrared services using established procedures.
- Presents infrared data to the operations section in a useable format.
- Obtains briefing from Planning Section Chief.
- Organizes and supervises subordinates and work area.
- Establishes and maintains positive interpersonal and interagency working relationships.
- Provides for the safety and welfare of assigned personnel.
- Obtains maps and gather operational information.
- Establishes operational procedures with personnel, technical specialists, and operational personnel.
- Prepares and maintains incident maps and displays.
- Compiles information for planning meetings and IAP.
- Attends planning meetings.
- Prepares ICS Form 209, Incident Statue Summary.
- Provides documentation of situation unit activities.
- Maintains unit log ICS 214.
- Confirms demobilization instructions with supervisor.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements
- Qualified in one Strike Team Leader position
- Qualified in two Single Resource Boss positions (one must be CRWB or ENGB) and ICT4
- S-346, Situation Unit Leader
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: