Structural Protection Specialist, STPS
- Obtains briefing from Branch Director, Operations Section Chief or Incident Commander.
- Identifies resources assigned to division/group.
- Identifies kind, type and number of resources required to achieve control objectives.
- Reviews division/group assignments and consider span of control.
- Identifies and evaluates improved properties and structures requiring protection.
- Briefs subordinates and assigns tasks.
- Implements Incident Action Plan for division/group.
- Obtains briefing from person being relieved.
- Supervises division/group resources.
- Determines need for assistance on assigned work task.
- Coordinates activities with adjacent division/groups and air operations.
- Submits situation and resources status information to Brand Director or Operations Section Chief.
- Reports special occurrences or events (accidents, structure/improved property loss or damage, sickness, etc.) to immediate supervisor.
- Resolves logistics problems with the division/group.
- Participates in the development of the Incident Action Plan.
- Responds to information requests from other organizational elements.
- Updates replacement on progress.
- Evaluates performance of subordinates.
- Ensures all personnel and equipment time records are complete and submitted in a timely manner.
- Considers demobilization needs throughout the incident.
- Confirms demobilization instructions with Branch Director or Operations Section Chief and briefs subordinates.
- Attends agency debriefings.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements
- Qualified as a DIVS OR ICT3
- Successful position performance as a STPS on a wildland incident
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: