The Transportation Map shows the access routes to the incident and is included in the Incident Action Plan (IAP). It provides an overview of the transportation network in the incident vicinity to support safe transportation. This map is used to facilitate land-based delivery of equipment, supplies, and personnel to and from the incident location.
Incident personnel needing information on travel routes to and from the fire.
- Standard Incident Command System (ICS) symbology.
- Generally, letter (8½”x 11”) or tabloid (11”x 17”) size.
- Designed to enable photocopying.
All map products produced should include the STANDL-SGD cartographic elements.
- Incident perimeter, limited/relevant ICS point features (e.g., Drop Points, Camps, Incident Command Post).
- Division and Branch breaks and labels.
- Major roads and road names, type of route (e.g., dirt, 4wd only, one way).
- Route restrictions (e.g., bridge weight limits).
- Key landmarks.
- Other Situation Unit Leader (SITL)-requested data.
These are examples from actual incidents and may include non-standard SITL requests for base data, labels, etc.